Your privacy is important. Here are katyhaye.com’s fundamental principles about privacy:
- I don’t ask you for personal information unless I truly need it.
- I don’t (and never will) share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law.
Like most websites, WordPress collects non-personally-identifying information from visitors to katyhaye.com of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. This information is not connected with any identifiable individual data.
WordPress also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on WordPress.com blogs. This information is only disclosed under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the blog administrator when a comment is left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
If you sign up to Katy Haye’s reader group you will be asked to provide additional information, in this case a first name and e-mail address where free content and news can be sent. In each case, this information is collected only insofar as is necessary to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with katyhaye.com or the Katy Haye reader group. katyhaye.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than to comply with the law. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it will prevent them from engaging in certain activities (e.g. if you don’t provide an e-mail address, I can’t send you free stories or updates). Each communication sent will include an option to unsubscribe from future mailings.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
All personally-identifying information will be used purely in order to fulfill the request you have made for contact by katyhaye.com. This information may be used by other services (e.g. MailChimp to enable mailings to be sent).
Other than as described above, katyhaye.com will disclose personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request.
Contest and Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Disclaimer: By participating in a contest or giveaway promoted by Katy Haye, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Katy Haye (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to the sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to any Katy Haye contest or giveaway.
- Eligibility: Contests and giveaways are ordinarily open Worldwide to entrants who are 13 or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and members of her immediate family and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter contests or giveaways, or win a prize.
- Winner Selection: The winner of giveaways and contests will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Where contests are concerned, “eligible entries” are considered to be those providing a correct answer to the contest question. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Katy Haye or her designated representative, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. The potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Katy Haye within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- Prizes: The prize will be as described for each contest or giveaway. Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner. Katy Haye reserves the right in her sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Katy Haye makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Katy Haye will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered worldwide. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Online Entry: Enter the contest or giveaway during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and performing the tasks provided.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. The sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Limitation of Liability: Katy Haye is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or giveaway or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions. The sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the contest or giveaway. If, for any reason, the contest or giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Katy Haye reserves the right in her sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest or giveaway. In such event, Katy Haye may, in her sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the contest or giveaway, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Katy Haye with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Katy Haye’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
- Sponsor: Contests and giveaways are sponsored by Katy Haye, UK, email@example.com
- Facebook Disclaimer: Participants who enter a contest via Facebook should understand that they are providing their information to Katy Haye and not to Facebook. Katy Haye’s promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed by, or associated with Facebook.
Although most changes are likely to be minor, katyhaye.com may change her Privacy and Contest and Giveaway Policies from time to time. Visitors are encouraged to frequently check this page for any changes. Your continued use of this site after any change in these policies will constitute your acceptance of such change.